If you have been charged with drunk driving in the King County area, you likely have a lot of questions and concerns regarding the criminal charge and the critical decisions you will need to make. Because the next few steps you take are very important, you should consult with King County DUI attorney.
Importance of Hiring a DUI Attorney
An experienced DUI attorney can prove invaluable for your defense. Here is a look at some ways that a DUI attorney can help your case:
- Gathering Evidence. A qualified King County DUI attorney knows how to look for key evidence outside of the police report. Your attorney can spot weaknesses and potential red flags such as with the arrest or blood alcohol test.
- Providing Advice and Counsel. The criminal justice system can be complex and confusing. Your attorney can guide you through every step of the process to ensure that you do not miss any deadlines and that you always act in your best interest.
- Making the Deal. Prosecutors are oftentimes willing to enter favorable plea deals with you. A defense attorney knows how to negotiate with hardened prosecutors to get the best deal for you whether it is a reduced charged or reduced penalties.
Contact a King County DUI Attorney
The consequences of not hiring a King County DUI attorney can be severe. Penalties for driving drunk can include:
- Mandatory jail time
- Fines and court fees
- License suspension
- Requirement to install an ignition interlock device
- Rehabilitation and treatment programs
As you can see, the penalties for a DUI can impact your personal and professional life. To learn how an experienced King County DUI attorney at Wolff Criminal Defense can help you, contact us at 425-284-2000 for a free consultation.